Now a mix that is truer to my roots… ANOTHER JOY.
I trust you’ll enjoy both. Again, a track listing is below. I certainly could have gone on and on with both collections, but I limited myself to collections that would fit on a standard cd.
You can find out tomorrow who I regret not having room for.
Taido 2009 – ANOTHER JOY
1) While You Were Sleeping – Elvis Perkins
This one is actually off a previous release, Ash Wedenesday. Sue me.
2) The Story I Heard – Blind Pilot
First heard them early in the year. Got to see ‘em with Bob D. over Thanksgiving.
3) See the Enemy – Andrew Bird
Off an interesting EP (Fitz and the Dizzyspells) showing the evolution of a song.
4) I Gave You All – Mumford & Sons
Bobby says they have everything he likes in a band.
5) Islands, IS – Volcano Choir
A Justin Vernon project. A bit of profanity in here. Sorry.
6) Armistice – Phoenix
This was one of my top three songs off of one of my top three albums.
7) Conductor – We Were Promised Jetpacks
I think one month during the summer, this was the only album I listened to.
8) Swimming in the Flood – Passion Pit
These guys go both ways… that is they do the Pure Joy and the other Joy.
9) Purgatory – Jeremy Larson
One guy compares Larson’s music to the ocean. That’s about right.
10) Laughing With – Regina Spektor
“No one laughs at God in the hospital.”
11) Norway – Beach House
This is one of those songs that sounds slightly off… and therefore good.
12) Unfold – Julie Peel
Alone with your wife music… whatever that means.
13) Roslyn – Bon Iver & St. Vincent
Criminal that this is off a soundtrack for a pre-teen movie.
14) Earthly Bodies – J. Tillman
“Glorious our earthly bodies rise.” More alone with your wife music.
15) Heartless (Kanye West Cover) – William Fitzsimmons
Saw Mr. Fitzsimmons in March. Can’t get enough of The Beard.
16) In These Arms – The Swell Season
What’s not to like.
17) Mightiest of Guns – AA Bondy
He opened for Elvis Perkins. Maybe should have been the other way around.
18) The Perfect Space – The Avett Brothers
“I wanna have friends that that will let me be; when being alone is all that I need.”